On Tuesday, Stations 227 & 223 were alerted for an occupied school bus filling with smoke in the 11800-blk of Frankstown Rd. 227EN arrived on scene to find all occupants evacuated the bus. There was a light smoke condition inside the bus from the driver discharging the onboard fire extinguisher. After further investigation, crews discovered a tablet had malfunctioned and caught fire. One occupant of the bus was evaluated for minor burns to the hand. The PHFM is investigating the incident.
Command: 227 Chief (Jeffcoat)
Units: 227EN, St.223, PHFM, PHPD, PHEMS