Penn Hills No.7 VFC is now accepting applications for Live-In Firefighter (FT-Student & FT-Employed). There are two goals of the Penn Hills No.7 Live-In program. First is to provide a fully staffed 100 % volunteer fire station for quick response for service 24 Hours a day, 7 days a week. The second is to give you the firefighter the necessary education needed to procure employment within a career department. Living at the fire department is a unique experience that can be as rewarding and educational as you choose to make it. The program is both demanding and time consuming, but it is our hope that it creates the discipline and respect that is expected in a career fire department. Motivation, dedication and professionalism are qualities that successful Live-In’s must possess. Primarily, our focus is to recruit personnel with previous Fire and Rescue experience, although none is required to file an application.
We also allow Live-In members to be employed full time and live at the station. The Live-In is required to maintain employment, not less than 32 hours per week, no time limit is imposed, and all other applicable rules as a member apply. Both types of membership encourage participation in all fire company activities as regulated by the Fire Company By-Laws.
Applicants for live-in membership must be at least 18 years of age and have earned a high school diploma or GED. A Pennsylvania mailing address and drivers licenses is also required within State required time-frame. Openings in the program will be filled as per the Membership Committee and Fire Chief. First consideration to new applicants will be given to persons with previous Fire Department and/or Rescue experience or certification. Applicants will be required to complete an official application after meeting with the Fire Chief and sign a release for a background investigation to verify requested information. An interview will then be conducted for suitability of membership after completion of the background checks. If you are interested in gaining a VALUABLE experience as a Live-In Firefighter, Then the Penn Hills No.7 VFC wants you! Click HERE for an application for membership!!!
- NO QRS/First Responder Calls
- Free room & board
- Modern apparatus & equipment
- New TWP fire training complex (.5 miles from No.7,Fall-18 Completion)
- Close to Schools, Colleges & Universities
- Use of company vehicle for transportation to fire school/grocery,shopping
- Full paid scholarship to CCAC through FireVest* (we will help you apply)
- High-speed wireless internet
- Entertainment including: HD Cable, X-Box One, Netflix, Hulu
- Quiet study areas available at all times
- Living quarters & storage
- Free laundry utilities
- Fully-equipped kitchen with appliances
- Reimbursed Gym Membership Fees
- Extensive Fire & Rescue experiences
- ALL personal protective equipment supplied
- Close to shopping, activities & restaurants
- Build a friendship that will last forever