On Wednesday afternoon, Station 225 & 227 were alerted for a natural gas leak inside a commercial business in the 10700-blk of Frankstown Rd. 227TK arrived on scene and crews investigated and found a forklift had hit an overhead gas line. Crews located the free flowing gas pipe. The businesses were evacuated as a precaution. Crews from 227TK & 227RQ were able to plug the leak. Crews then started ventilating the building. 221EN arrived and assisted with ventilation. The scene was turned over to building management. No injuries were reported.
Command: 227 Chief
Units: 227TK, 227RQ, 221EN, St.225, St.222, St.223, PHEMS